Photo by Corinne Warnshuis
Safe Space Policy
To further our mission of making this event a supportive, non-threatening environment, LadyHacks employs the following safe space policies:
- We enter this space with a commitment to mutual respect, mutual aid, anti-oppression, advocacy, conflict resolution, non-violence, direct democracy, and community building.
- We respect everyone’s names, preferred gender pronouns, expressed identities, and experiences. We avoid making assumptions, promote mutual appreciation, and understand that no one is required to share information about their identities or experience(s).
- We support the empowerment of each person and strive to continually acknowledge the histories and structures of oppression that marginalize some and divide us all.
- We commit to making spaces as accessible as possible; physically, socially, and personally.
- We do not engage in violence or threats.
- We obtain explicit consent for physical touch or using others’ belongings.
- We recognize that certain behavior can be triggering for individuals, such as trivializing or dismissing someone’s thoughts or experiences.
- We commit to hearing each other and creating opportunities for all voices to be heard.
- We accept a shared responsibility where we hold ourselves and one another accountable to these agreements, without violence, judgment, or assumption of intent.
- We encourage open minds and open hearts. We do not assume the intentions of others in order to foster a non-judgmental and accessible environment.
- We promote inclusive learning spaces. We encourage anyone who is feeling less than familiar with terminology, concepts, or context to ask questions in the spirit of personal growth.
Accessibility and Awareness
LadyHacks is dedicated to promoting accessible, safe, inclusive spaces throughout the event. Volunteers will be onsite and available to anyone requiring assistance or support in any capacity. Volunteers will be wearing clearly identifiable name tags in case of any issue that needs to be addressed arises.
In the event that a person is harmed or triggered by a situation or participant, or experiencing difficulty in any capacity, it is up to their discretion to bring it to the attention of LadyHacks organizers. We guarantee privacy and confidentiality in such an event and will do our best to honor the individual’s needs.
We respect confidentiality and protect all shared personal information. You can reach us at here.